At Quadratic, we are building the next-generation spreadsheet to make data accessible to everyone. We are closing the gap between data science and spreadsheets by bringing powerful data science tools into the spreadsheet. With Quadratic, everyone can use powerful data science tools with no overhead, in a sharable environment, while collaborating with their team.
Why Join Quadratic?
At Quadratic, we are working on hard tech problems using modern tools such as: Rust, WebGL, Web Assembly, React, and Typescript
We are building a real-time spreadsheet where our users can have millions of cells and millions of rows of data. Updating at consistent 60 frames per second, we give the user full pinch-and-zoom freedom of motion they would expect from Figma or Google Maps. Running Python, SQL, and Formulas in real-time with data passed between programming languages — all in the browser. If you are interested in working with new technologies a hard problem that can transform a massive industry, Quadratic is the place for you.
- Always Respectful: Zero tolerance for harm or lack of respect for others.
- Brutal Honesty, Delivered Kindly: We are realistic and kind.
- Communication is Key: We create an environment for open and respectful discourse. Poor communication kills early stage startups.
- Confidence, not Ego: We aim to create a meritocracy. Those who succeed at Quadratic do so because of their talent, not their pedigree, seniority, or self image. Ego has no place here, but confidence does.
- Fun: We don’t take ourselves too seriously. Let’s build a category defining product, and have fun doing it.
Design and Engineering Values
- Quadratic makes our users feel smarter. When using Quadratic our users should feel like they can tackle bigger problems and work smarter. After using Quadratic other spreadsheets will feel out of date.
- Perfectionists with Deadlines. Details matter, so does progress. We strongly value decisiveness and taking action.
- The tool should disappear. Users work in Quadratic for hours a day, we do everything in our power to focus the user on their work and their data. Not on our tool.
- Write code for humans. Great code is easy to read and understand. In places where you need to optimize code for the machine, write excellent documentation for what’s going on and why.
- Consistency as a deliverable. Every frame, every pixel matters. Quadratic always runs at 60 FPS, and the UI does not freeze with big operations. We would rather not have a feature than have a buggy feature.
- Generous Equity: We strongly align incentives for all of our employees with the success of Quadratic. We provide top of the industry equity compensation to make sure that you have meaningful ownership in what you are building.
- Flexibility: Remote work when appropriate and living your life is encouraged. We live our live outside of work as avid mountain bikers, skiers, hikers, travelers, etc.
- Mandatory PTO: At Quadratic you have Unlimited PTO. Additionally you have mandatory 15 days of PTO annually.
- Holiday Shutdown: OOO the week of Christmas and New Years
- Top Team: Learn from the best, we strive to have top 1% talent in every position.
Founding Software Engineer - React, Express (full-time)
Location - Denver CO or Remote for exceptional talent
Quadratic is an early stage startup with a small team, you must be comfortable working in a startup environment with a high level of ownership and limited guidance.
As a Founding Software Engineer you will be architecting and writing the first lines of code, and bringing
quadratic-cloudthe distribution platform for our spreadsheet application, to market. Performance and reliability are critical. You can think of Quadratic Cloud like a Google Drive Folder, it is where our users will Authenticate, Store Files, Share Files, Manage Billing, etc. The success of Quadratic depends on the software that you and your team produce.
Your primary responsibilities will be to architect, code, test, and ship React and Express software. You’ll also be involved in brainstorming, designing, and prototyping evolutions of the Quadratic product. You’ll continuously build empathy with our customers’ core problems and better execute against our product strategy.
- Lead key architecture decisions for
quadratic-cloudalongside the engineering team
- Ship well-tested, secure, reliable, and maintainable code within committed timelines that delights product users
- Support fellow engineers through peer code reviews and constructive discussions that concern architecture, data model, and feature implementation decisions
- Experience writing React and Express apps in production
- 5 years writing code with web technologies
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience building SaaS, Auth0, Stripe, Data Science Tools
- Experience writing Typescript
- Experience with dev ops and cloud hosting (Google Cloud)
Willing to work extended hours when needed.
$100-150k Annual Salary
Apply Now 📩
Email your resume to Careers@QuadraticHQ.com
- Our interview process starts with a 15 minute phone call to gauge mutual interest and fit.
- From there we schedule a one hour video call with our team.
- If there is a mutual interest to move forward we then start a two week trial period. This trial can be part time if you have existing employment. During this time you will build real features for Quadratic and you will be paid a fair hourly rate.
- Finally, we can both make an informed decision on moving to a full-time hire.